Thursday 9 March 2017

Week 1 - Questionairre

Continuing on with my research I wanted to gain a deeper understanding of what people generally wear on a daily basis and what technological items they always carry around with them. With this knowledge it would make it easier for me to decide what wearable and technological items I should focus more on. In order to gain this information I conducted a survey asking a range of people of all ages and both genders a variety of questions. There were three questions that were the most important and would be the most helpful for my project.  

The first question was: What items of jewelry and accessories do you wear on a daily basis? The answers I received consisted of headphones, glasseshats, bag, rings, earrings, piercings, watches and necklacesThe most common out of these list were headphones, earrings and piercings. 
The second question was: What items do you always carry with you? The answers I received consisted of: mobile phone, wallet, mirror, stationary, makeup and headphonesThe most common out of these were mobile phone and headphones.
The third question was: What technology do you use on a daily basis? The answers I received consisted of: Mobile phoneInternetEmailText messagesApps and Music. The most common out of these were Mobile phone and music. 


The response I received was very interesting. Looking at the most common answers, there were a lot of answers that were associated with the face and head. Current existing technological products are mainly placed on the mid section of the body such as neck, hands and wrists but there arnt many that are placed on the face and head. Its quite easy to design a product that just sits on your finger or your wrists but creating a product that is situated on the face can be quite complex. This has led me to think to take on the challenge of creating a product that will be used on the face/head. 

I want to create a product that won't compromise with what users already generally wear on a daily basis and if the majority of people wear headphone daily then creating a product that plays music/ sits on the head or ears would be ideal.  
There is already a very popular product on the market that links with your phone which is known as the Apple Watch and for my product I want to create something that doesn't exist. There are not many wearable products that involve music and so I have decided to create a wearable product that plays music. 



No comments:

Post a Comment