Monday 6 March 2017

Beyond the fundamental - Research.

For this project I was told to design a bird table. I looked at various designers and one designer who stood out the most to me was Chad Wright. He stretched the archetypal birdhouse shape to create penthouse nest boxes with varying heights.His bird house is called ‘attic’ it consists of a concrete base with a screw-in stake stabilises these slender wooden pillars on grass or hard-standing. Attic provides homes of varying levels of status to a variety of birds.



In my opinion most birdhouses are either woodsy, crafty or artsy but these are architectural. I think they would be interesting even indoors. For outdoors use I would be interested in the functionality. Looking at this design made me question as to if there was a platform inside or even a drainage system. These are all aspects of functionality that I would like to include in my final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment