Monday 6 March 2017

Individualisation - development process and final outcome.

Continuing on with my project, I began to sketch out some design ideas that I felt could work well as flat pack furniture. I showed my client my ideas and asked for feedback. She said that the designs looked more like an office or garden chair and she wanted something a bit more homely and suggested I could create a stool.




I began playing around with different shapes and designs and finding the most convenient way to fold them away. This was a rather difficult process as once I created a design; it was hard to find a way for it to be folded away. I began playing with symmetrical shapes as these can easily be folded in half. I came up with a design that would easily fold into a cube that my client would be able to sit on. The cuts on the edges ensured that when made into a cube, it was secure and everything locked in together. I was pleased with this idea, however the design for me was too simple and I wanted to challenge myself even further.




I decided to develop upon the cube idea and create something that was more modern and aesthetically pleasing. I came up with the idea of creating a stool where the leg can be folded together and the seat folds on top. The stool can then be easily stored away for transported from place to place. I created a Sketchup design of my model and finalised my idea. My last step was to present my idea to my client. This time she was pleased with the final outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment