Monday 1 May 2017

Week 6 - Initial Ideas

After deciding that I want my model to have a cuff like structure, I began to draw out some initial ideas for the cuff alone, the technological part of my design will come later. 

I drew 16 different design all inspired from my previous tasks such as creating the wire models and the Sugru models. I then asked a range of people for feedback on these design. The majority of people picked the more simplistic and intricate designs as their favourite and the least favourite designs were the more statement and bold designs.

This wasn't the response I wanted/ was expecting because creating a more simple and smaller cuff would be harder an it would be difficult to hide the technological part of the product whereas a more bold and statement design would easily mask the technology that would be sitting right in the ear. I took this feedback and decided to focus on a smaller design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment