Sunday 6 November 2016

Fixtures and Fitting Week 2

After a week of inspiration, I started to plan out my final outcome. I developed upon my objects and did some sketches with tracing paper to generate more ideas. This process was fun and experimentive. I focused on picking out the different shapes and angles within my objects so that I could develop them into a structure for a building. 







One image I took of my objects stood out to me the most and I decided to develop upon it. The image initially looks like a bundle of mess but I managed to form a design of an architectural structure out of it.

After this stage, I decided what I wanted the building I was designing to be. I came up with the idea of a house built for an artist. The house has two sections, one being the living space and the other being a working studio. The main structure is made from cross-laminated timber. The large windows also provide natural light to flood the interior. I worked on some sketches on sketch up.



The next step for me was creating my building. I created a net on card and cut it out to see if it all fits together and to see if my final outcome needs any amending. I was pleased with how it turned and out and then I created my final outcome. I used foam board to represent the timber; this was an easy material to work. Overall this project was a great start into my pathway, I became familiar with programmes such as Photoshop and sketch up and I developed my skills. My final outcome is presented below in my presentation sheet.







No comments:

Post a Comment